Past Order - when old becomes new

 

Sometimes things get older and fall apart. It happens all the time. As I've posted in the past, I love my solar lights, but that means they always need to be outside and in the sun in order to function properly. What that means is after weeks and years of the sun beating down on these things, they fall apart.
I have some lights that are starting to fall apart. They are lights that are in a shape of a flower. The solar plates and the LED lights are fine, however the plastic shell that forms the flower have been crumbling. So what do you do with it? It looks a little strange with just the light itself. Here's what I did.
I had an old IKEA lamp that wasn't usable anymore. I trashed it, but I made sure to keep the light cover of it (I don't know the technical name of it... let's just say the white cover part! haha). As you can see in the picture, below, I put the solar light inside the lamp cover and it made it glow nicely at night! Check out the video too!




The challenging part was figuring out where to put this. Luckily, I have an old tomato plant cage which was circular. Perfect! It fit on the middle ring and wahlah!
One of the things I love about these lights are how bright they are. They give off a good amount of light. I wanted to get more of these but the seller stopped selling them, or weren't available on Amazon anymore. However, if you look at the pictures, there's another light next to it. Those are available on Amazon and they look almost as great too! (they're just not in a flower shape and a little bit smaller than my flower ones). Here's the link.. they're just as bright and eye-catching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Time!

Added Security