Thank you 24

2/27/15
Just recently, it was time to resign from my position at 24 Hour Fitness as a property tax administrator.  I enjoyed my time there starting from halloween of 2013 till 2/12/15.  Being in the corporate office was an eye-opening experience.  I'm so appreciative of my boss, who I viewed as my father-type figure at work and guided and taught me along the way.  Doing business personal property taxes was not the easiest thing I've done in my life.  I do like math, but only simple math.  When it comes to finances and accounting concepts, I'm definitely not the best at that.  The other co-workers have been great in showing me along as well.  I respect every single person I've met there because they work so hard and apply all their knowledge to the work they conduct.  It's amazing to see how all the gears turn in each department.  Everyone has a specific role and gets it all done.  I do miss my cube and space I had- the dual-screen monitors, the cactus that eventually died, the halloween office event, the Thanksgiving potlucks.. so many things.  My time there will always be remembered and a part of who I am.  I've picked up so many Excel functions, I'm worried I won't remember them down the line.  Wow! those are so useful!  Well, it was a good run.  I'm thankful for it and cherish my time there.  Some other things I do miss are the drives (well, kind of).  Being in the car for 1/2 hour each way allowed me to listen to whatever music I put on my ipod mini! hah! Yes, I still use one of those ancient things!  Still works.  On there, I'd listen to my Mandarin lessons.  Those were quite useful.  Sometimes driving Crow Canyon reminded me of driving up to camp.  Racing the BART trains home to the CV station was always a challenge as well.  But it all came to an end as now I'm down to a 5 to 10 minute commute :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Time!

Past Order - when old becomes new

New Amazon Buy!